Saturday, December 26, 2009

What are you expressing with your facial piercings?

Many people say that they are excersising their right of self expression with facial piercings. Can you put into words what your various facial peircings express? Please be honest, I would truly like to knowWhat are you expressing with your facial piercings?
I am a bit older and got my piercings before it was 'cool.'





I got a tiny piercing in my nose after visiting with a friend from India that had hers done. It was tiny, taseful, elegant and beautiful, so I got the same because it was not in your face, but very sexy and sensual.





I had my tongue pierced because it was more of a 'wow' thing since not many people were doing it at the time. But I did not flaunt it or make a big deal out of it, it was my little secret for the most part. (That one was removed a few years ago)





I do it because I like the adrenaline rush that comes with the planning and the actual piercing of it, not so much the expression. I have other piercings as well and those are for the adrenaline rush also. Piercings are not permanent, so I was able to take out the ones that I had grown tired of with only tiny, almost unnoticed scars.





My ex-husband, on the other hand, has 15 piercings on his face (large spacers in his ear, his labret and his septum among others). He has self-esteem issues and the piercings make him feel better about himself. Strange, I know, but it makes perfect sense to him. He is expressing his feeling of ';I don't give a f*ck what you think';... I have always thought he is trying to overcompensate for depressive thoughts.





So I guess everyone has their own reasons. :)What are you expressing with your facial piercings?
My ears are pierced. When I was a baby my mom had my ears pierced, of course I don't remember if there was any pain, nor was I given a choice. Well, they goofed and pierced my ears too high! So when the multiple ear piercing came popular, I had my ears pierced again below the original holes. This is the only piercings I have. I am expressing that I like Jewelry and like the comfort of wearing jewelry. I don't have any piercings on my face or my tongue. That phase came out when I was already to old to go with the phases. I suppose people who pierce their face with nose ring, eye brow ring, and lip ring are expressing their love for jewelry in their own way.
I don't have any, not even my ears are pierced! I guess that expresses i'm a wimp who doesn't like pain. haha
I am expressing my love for clam chowder
im xpressing my culture as we av to get our ears peirced and mainly our noses(which i find to b vry unatractive}.


i only av 3 peircings on my ears...
I have a nose piercing,


and I pierced my lip for fun when I was slightly drunk and then let it grow in,,


I am expressin my love for risk, living on the edge, and rock music, and I enjoy the feeling of sticking needles into myself.


thats all.
I do have 2 ear piercings on each ear, and i used to have a lip piercing. But piercings used to be about rebellion, going against ';society.'; Now, it's more of ';what's in'; and what's popular. But i did it for more of a rebellion.

No comments:

Post a Comment