Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why is it that cheap brand facial cleansers are always too harsh on my skin?

It always was. Neutrogenia, etc. I have dry/sensitive skin and everything that I have tried made my face even more dry (like painful dry. As soon as I washed my face it would be super dry and it'll hurt to make facial expressions). I finally gave in to expensive brands, and they are so much better. My face is well moisturized and people now think that I'm wearing foundation after using the stuff for three days.





They have me sold. Quality over quantity right? I think that my skin will thank me in the future.Why is it that cheap brand facial cleansers are always too harsh on my skin?
i have tried cheap and expensive cleansers and i have to say the pricier ones seem better. not because it's higher in cost but they seem more gentle and have better ingriedients instead of just detergent(sodium laurel sulfate). there are some ';cheap'; cleansers that are quite good. aveeno has few good one and olay cleansers are very impressive and both are under 10 dollars which for me is cheap. but now that i'm older at 34yrs old have have good job as RN i can afford to try different products out there. i bought the nutritive cleanser from Dr. Perricone and so far this one has been the best. very gentle, good lather, generous size, delivers clean skin. i highly recommend it even though it's th emost expensive i've bought at 35 dollars. worth it!!!Why is it that cheap brand facial cleansers are always too harsh on my skin?
u should switch baq to the cheap stuff and use facial lotion after u clean your face. olay face lotion works realllyyyyyyy well!!!
I more notice the ingredients: the more chemical laden, the worse for my skin. The more natural, or safe ingredients, the better for my skin. Many more expensive brands have more natural/better ingredients, but not always. Also, some organic brands are cheaper price wise, but quality of ingredients is high. I more base my decisions on what the ingredients are suppossed to do, and how pure they are. I think price is sometimes irrelavant when it comes to that. But, to generalize, yeah, the more expensive stuff is better. And by the way, I use expensive stuff.
Cheap products use cheap ingredients, and they don't work all that well.


I compare it to the difference between fast food and healthy food. It's more $ and work to eat right, but in the end, your body thanks you.


It's the same with your skin. It costs more to use the right stuff, but your skin is healthier and happier.
thats why they're cheap and the good ones are expensive
I'd like to know what you use! Sounds nice!
I agree with you totally, same situation here! But I found out years ago that you get what you pay for and I would prefer Quality to Quantity every time, in every aspect, especially in cosmetic products. It is worth every dollar to me. I am also allergic to the cheap mascaras and buy Clinque or Estee Lauder or Lancome, they are the greatest.
You have to be really carfull about anything that is for your skin that is at a low price. Usually low prices mean they are preserving the product longer for shelf life. So they put metels in the products that are actually going to penitrate your skin. You even have to be carfull with shampoos and soaps. Many have metels in them.
I have noticed that since I switched back to neutrogena back from Pevonia my face is super dry and getting wrinkles...I need to go back to expensive. It is amazing at how you get what you pay for...although quite unfortunate since not all of us can afford the good expensive stuff...
I have found that quality goes far beyond quantity.. I mean I don't want to put something on my face just because I was able to get a lot at a cheaper price. I am spoiled by oil of olay and my Lancome' products...yeah they are $$$ especially the Lancome' but man they are great!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment