Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How much should a person tip for a haircut and a facial?

i get a haircut(wash and blowdry)for 40 bucks. and a facial for about 65. i go to the salon for basically all my hair needs. how much should i tip?How much should a person tip for a haircut and a facial?
it's generally $1 for every $10, so about 10% tips, at least.


you paid $105, which means you should pay at least $10.50 in tips.How much should a person tip for a haircut and a facial?
First of all, I think it is wonderful that you care to make sure that you are tipping enough. Too many people complain about tipping, and my opinion is that if you cannot afford tips, then you simply cannot afford the service. A lot of these hardworking manicurists and hair stylists heavily rely on these tips to pay their bills and make a life for themselves. (I am in the medical field, so I am not defending these types of careers for selfish purposes.)





My friends and I all go into an upscale nail or hair salon prepared to pay a 20% tip. That is standard. (15% tip if a basic service salon.) If I am not satisfied, I will subtract according to how bad the experience was. (Poor service, rudeness, long wait even if I had appt, etc) If they do their job and meet my expectations, I will tip 20%.If they exceed my expectations AND I can afford, then I tip a little more... 5% more at the most. If they have not met my expectations but they put forth all their effort, I will still tip them 15%.





It sounds like you are going to a nice salon, so tip accordingly. The quality of your future visits may be impacted by this.
Tipping basically is up to the tipper. Poor or cheap people tip 5 or 10%, with 15-20 being standard. Tipping 25% or higher is considered very generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment