Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Should I shave my facial hair before my job interview?

It's not like I have a full grown beard.


I have a trimmed goatee and the hairs are about 2-3 millimeters long.





Should I shave it off or should I keep it?Should I shave my facial hair before my job interview?
i don't think having a goatee would make any difference.As long as its neatly groomed and doesn't look weird, it's ok.If you are right for the job, your 'neat and well trimmed' goatee wouldn't stop them from offering u the job.Should I shave my facial hair before my job interview?
Depends on where you are applying. If it's for a creative or media-related job, then it should be ok and acceptable. However, if it's for a highly corporate work then better put your best face forward. Remember, the interviewer only has a few seconds to gain his first impression of you. You can grow your goatee again after you get accepted =)
It depends on the type of job. If you are interested in any type of service job where you would be required to go to someone's house facial hair is strictly taboo. A neatly trimmed goatee is fine for warehouse or general office work. If you are looking at anything over a middle-management position, don't risk it.
I always shave mine. I once worked in sales and was told that there is a psychological reaction in many peoples' minds to someone with a beard. Think about this - have you ever seen a picture of the devil without a beard? And what kind of beard is it? Usually a goatee. Sounds silly, but I've been told there are studies to back it up.
shave





Makes you stand out from the rest, means, you've come prepared for the interview and sometimes for a job, making yourself look good,
if you plan to keep the goatee upon getting the job, then keep it for the interview... as long as its neatly groomed, its fine





good luck on the interview =)

No comments:

Post a Comment